Friday, May 20, 2011

Frugal Friday: Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle!

While reading Jonni McCoy's book Miserly Moms, she challenges the reader to think like our grandparents who walked though difficult time during the great depression and find uses for things we normally would throw out.

That got me to thinking about another dilemma I had been thinking about for a while. I want to make my laundry space a little more tidy. While I love my home-made Laundry soap it also takes up a lot of space, and is kinda messy to clean up when spilled. I have been planning to switch to the powdered soap when my latest batch runs out.

Well, it came to me! My youngest son is on Similac Organic formula, and their containers are so nice. Not only food grade but have a nice rubber seal on the inside to keep from any leaks. Plus a built in scoop that is exactly a table spoon. Score for me! I found a use for my containers I thought I would be recycling.These sturdy little containers also stack nicely any where you want them too.

1 scoop for regular loads, and 2 scoops for heavily soiled, and it pops right back into its home, nice and neatly.

You can do this too, even if you have no children on formula, ask your friends to save them for you.
Reduce, Re-use, Recycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment