Friday, January 29, 2010

Frugailty: My latest Whim

Who knows if this will be a long lasting change but the new year has brought with it a new level of frugality to my home. I have made my own laundry soap for a fraction of the cost of Tide and All, and find I absolutely love it! It reminds me so much of the fresh smell of my clothes hung on the wash line that I went out and bought a clothes drying rack.

Since we moved to this home I have been trying to figure out how to hand my laundry AND keep track of my little one. Well I figured it out. I bought a drying rack for the back deck. Now he can run safe while I hang the clothes out. The wonderful smell of clothes dried in the sunny warm breeze is heaven! All this fails to mention the drop in electric bill I am hoping for. My darling husband is happy with this whim as long as it keeps me from talking him into a chicken coop. It won't be long honey!

In the spirit of homemade soap I tried a dish soap recipe out that I did not like so it is back to the drawing board for that one. I will figure it out though. If it is not economical I will got back to coupon for free dish soap. After all it did take me over a year to use the purchase of 40 bottles at .10 cents each.

I am really excited about some of the whimsical creativity that 2010 is already luring me towards!

No comments:

Post a Comment