Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Attitude Of A Home

What a blessing and a curse it is to be the CEO of a home. Many years ago, a woman was the keeper of the home and it was really like a fulltime job as she ensured that her family, friends, and physical home was cared for. Sometimes this meant managing others who were doing the work other times it meant doing the work herself. Either way it was her responsibility.

It will be 3 years this summer that I work fulltime managing our home, and raising our son. With Little Boy Blue on the way this summer I realize just how important my role is. I have not been able to keep up with daily and weekly tasks while pregnant and that has left my husband to pick up most of the responsibilities. While he has done an awesome job of managing the extra responsibilities it re-enforces just how important my "job" is regardless of how much I get paid. It is just a different form of payment.

It is both daunting and empowering to know that I as wife and mother spending full days caring for my husband and family sets the mood, tone, and pace for our home. I realize it is something I should not take carelessly. It is to easy to get bogged down in meal planning, laundry, diapers, and wiping baby noses that I don't see a bigger picture.

I need to remind myself more just how important what I do is, he already does and I love him for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment