Monday, May 16, 2011

Capturing Spring


We spent some time in lovely California this month. Not only was everything there in perfect bloom. My Mother-in-law’s gardens are always so beautiful! But we enjoyed some camping at the beach. It was Luke’s first trip, what fun everyone had. Andrew took off on his bike.

It seemed like there was something for everyone. The beach, time with family, Matt and I went to a taping of the Connan O’Brian show, some crafty fun for me. A lovely week. Then we returned home to find everything here had just popped into full bloom!

My potatoes growing leaps and bounds, all the trees flowering.  My peach trees we planted last fall had so many baby peaches I had to thin them. I love spring time! We have spent several days since returning in our garden. I am so thankful this year a neighborhood farmer came and plowed for me. He extended my garden so we now have double the space! It took him 20 minutes to do what it could have taken me hours to do.

Needless to say we are almost finished planting the first round of vegetables, and I am watching my fruit trees carefully. I have a lot of learning to do in that area.

My first batch of soap is also ready for use. It is deep personal satisfaction when coming in with garden free hands to use my very own Cinnamon Citrus Soap. I have enjoyed sharing some with friends and even used the shavings to make liquid dish soap. It is a wonderful week here in our little home. My thoughts are already turning to pickled green beans and Rhubarb Chutney that is begging to be canned in the refrigerator. That is a whole other post for the future.

Have I mentioned I love Spring?!

No comments:

Post a Comment