Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fun in the sun has my garden Popping!

Spending a lot of time in the heat out tending my garden the past few weeks.  My Trash Bag Potatoes have flowers on them and the bags are filled. I am planning to dig up some New Potatoes this week. So amazing to see how easy this was to get started, and how very little work has been required to grow these. (Pictures to come)

One goal I had this year was to try to get out daily. Something I have not been able to do in years past. I was committed to see how weed control would help (or not help) with plant health and growth. I cannot believe how the Tomatoes that were just tiny things, and peppers have tripled in size and some have flower buds on them already. I really do think weed control has been helping. The hoe and rake have been good friends. The real key though has been to keep them from getting out of control.

Our Strawberries have finally been transplanted into their permanent home. They are looking a little rough! In all honestly I didn't think we would be able to keep them anyway, so I am thankful we have had some sweet berries this year. I can't explain why a bowl of small sweet strawberries from my own garden is just a measure better than picking-my -own but it is!

Made some homemade dishwasher detergent today, cant wait to post a review next week if I like it. I am on my 4th attempt in my search for a good recipe! Fingers crossed for a good review.

No comments:

Post a Comment