Monday, June 27, 2011

Savoring Summer ~ Outdoors

I am inspired by Renee' over at FIMBY's summer time challenge. That got me to thinking about what I am savoring the most. That would be the outdoors.


Hiking up the side of a mountain to see what the Grey Fox saw
Seems like there is little time to write and blog these days. With two little boys my days are filled with outdoor adventures, growing and preserving the taste of summer, and keeping up with everyday life too. It has been a little quiet here for the past few weeks...mostly because life is not quiet on the front lines.


Swimming at the Lake

I have tried a few new recipes that I love ( I am pretty sure I will never buy chocolate syrup every again), and planned a few parties that are coming up. I can't wait to share them but the details are still swirling yet. I am sure of one things though. I am taking as many quiet moments to savor the season. The season of mothering a pre-schooler and baby. The warmth of the season outdoors. The green growth of the season. It is refreshing and strengthening.
Caring for the baby cows after our Appalachian Train hike
Enjoying the cool river current

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious of your preserving efforts. Because we are in transition this summer I am not preserving (freezing is my usual method). But I do agree, the outdoors is where I savor a lot of summer also!

    ReplyDelete